Family Law Attorney
Choosing the right family law attorney can have positive impacts on your life going forward. The wrong lawyer can produce extensive costs and continued frustration.
Few areas of law generate the level of emotions that family law creates. Ending a marriage or nonmarital relationship, determining the fate of young children and addressing the difficult questions regarding property division are among the most difficult decisions that many people will make in their lifetime.
One of the most effective ways to minimize the stress of facing these issues is to work with a lawyer who not only is knowledgeable about Georgia family law, but also emphasizes sharing that knowledge with clients in order to help them retain more control over their case. That is my approach at Hedden Law. My law office is in Cumming, Georgia, and I serve clients throughout metro Atlanta.
I understand the storm of emotions, the swirl of questions and the uncertainty that engulf one's life as a result of family law disputes. I help my clients develop solutions that are effective and permanent, so they do not have to revisit the same issues in the future. As your attorney, I am charged with protecting your interests, but I do not want to make the decisions for you. My goal is to help you walk out of my office feeling more in charge of your life than you felt when you walked in.
Assisting Clients With The Full Array Of Family Law Issues
Because I don't spread my time and effort between several practice areas, I am able to remain current on every aspect of Georgia family law. This also enhances my visibility and my reputation among fellow North Georgia family law attorneys and the judges who handle these matters. I represent clients in a broad spectrum of family law matters, including:
- Divorce — Whether you and your spouse already have the framework of a divorce agreement completed or you expect a contentious process, it is important to work with an experienced lawyer.
- Custody and support — Children are often the primary concern when parents end a relationship. I will protect your relationship with your child and your role as a parent.
- Property division — The division of marital assets has a significant impact on starting you out in a strong financial position following divorce. It is too important to leave in the hands of an inexperienced attorney or one who merely "dabbles" in family law.
- Legitimation — If you are unmarried, establishing yourself as the biological father of a child is important to ensure that you retain parental rights.
- Modifications and relocation — Life changes often require individuals to modify existing court orders regarding child support, custody and spousal support. I represent clients who want to file a petition for a modification or individuals who wish to prevent a modification. I also represent clients in petitions to relocate.
- Guardianship — I represent individuals who wish to petition for legal guardianship of a minor child when the child's biological parents are unable or unwilling to provide proper care.
- Stepparent adoptions — Legally adopting a stepchild can provide important legal rights and increase the bond between the stepparent and stepchild. In order to do so, however, the child's other biological parent must have his or her parental rights terminated, either willingly or through the court.
Connect Today For A Consultation
I invite you to use my online contact form or call (770) 755-5695 to schedule a consultation. I will answer your questions, provide a frank assessment of your situation and recommend an effective course of action. I work with clients in Forsyth County and all neighboring counties in North Georgia from my office in Cumming.